Ads

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AZbunch
    Participant

…hate when that happens…wow, you have to be so careful!!

vnj
    Participant

Completely my fault. I downloaded a program (via CNet which I normally trust) and the fine print (which I only skimmed) gave them permission to download an Add On called Arcade Giant. I make a habit of going through the lists of whatever “extras” a program is going to download so that I can reject them all. In this case my brain must have been half asleep. It wasn’t a yes or no option. The fine print automatically gave permission. I was able to delete the program very soon after downloading and all seems to be back to normal now. By the way, I do use Firefox and normally have no problems. I wonder if those having similar issues to mine in Firefox also downloaded this Add-On to Firefox and didn’t realize it.

AZbunch
    Participant

Agree with Flyfishr…must be your browser. I use Chrome and no underlined stuff in BTT.

Flyfishr
    Participant

This seems to be a ‘feature’ of the latest version if the Firefox browser. You are probably seeing pop-up ads also. I do not believe these benefit the web page, but do benefit Mozilla Corporation. I switched browsers a while ago, and downloaded Google Chrome. No more underlines, and much fewer pop-up ads (none on BTT).

gagacabin
    Participant

I just re read a few, I see nothing underlined on mine.

vnj
    Participant

Did I accidentally download something, or has a new “feature” been added to BTT? Some of the forum messages now have a word or two underlined, and if I click on the underlined word, I get an advertisement. I know that this site is not cheap to run and if Techman has found a method to get some revenue by enabling these ads, I am okay with that. I just want to know if it is only happening to me because of something I inadvertently downloaded.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.