Alternate Future BigTreesTech

Home Forums Web Site Alternate Future BigTreesTech

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I have added a menu item at the top of the page which opens a page with links to the alternate FaceBook and NextDoor alternative community forums.
    Please do not contact me (joe, aka bigtreestechman) regarding these alternative forums as I have nothing to do with them.
    joe

apachegrail
    Participant

For Facebook users I have created a page: “Big Trees Raves” Might be an alternative for those trying to get onto Nextdoor (I am having difficulty, it keeps sending me to my flatland Nextdoor page).

Sandi
    Participant

There is a Big Trees Village Neighborhood on Nextdoor.com that could function as the forum.
    https://bigtreesvillage.nextdoor.com

We are trying to get more clients on our page. We try to include videos of the weather too. I have been using Weather underground for Dorrington which seems very reliable. We also have some clients that aren’t sure if they need a plow or not. We don’t mind going by and checking free of charge. Friend us on facebook! Thank you Joe for puttting our name out there for people to use.
    Adam and Jessica Snider

lawver
    Participant

I was reluctant to suggest this alternative because it might imply there was nothing important to preserve. My 40ish daughter has been using big trees poa Facebook page for current info. She shopped for a plow out two weeks ago there and after not getting a good lead I sent her to you and Adam who did the job.
    Their Facebook page seems very active and your camera and weather info might make an ideal synergy of community information.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Thanks all for the many kind words and suggestions. After giving some thought to some of the suggestions an alternate course of action seems both possible and attractive.

If one of you were to start either a facebook group, a nextdoor group or some alternative to the forum I could eliminate the BigTreesTech forum, delete the contents of the “user” database, disable user registration (the source of most of my headaches) and just provide a link to the new community website.

This would allow me to focus almost entirely on the weather station data, webcam images, and authored content all of which have suffered recently.

If someone would like to step up and create the alternate community forum please do so and let me know where it is. If more than one gets created, it’s OK by me, I can provide multiple links.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.