Another AMBBR Update

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Another AMBBR Update

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    lawver
    Participant

go-pro issue — you might try the ipad, iphone app to start/stop recording. You can still listen to music while using the app. I used it at a mermorial service where I couldn’t reach the camera during the service.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Not proud of it, but here I am on the last ride.

Attachments:
    bonniehelmick
    Participant

Thanks for the update, Joe! Found the AMBBR website and got all sorts of good information. Good luck!!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

FYI, the AMBBR is a huge event with thousands of cyclists. The Greater Bay Area Cycle Team itself has about 100 participants and there are other TNT teams from all over the united states.
    We don’t have definite departure times yet but I’ve been told that our team is likely to start the ride at around 6AM on 6/7.

bonniehelmick
    Participant

Hi Joe – I’ll be riding around Lake Tahoe on the day of your ride (on a motorcycle, not a bike!). I have an idea of your route, but wondering how many are in your group & when you’re leaving from Stateline – just trying to get an idea of how big a group to look for should our paths cross. Would be awesome to see your group ride by!
    Great thing that you are doing!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by bonniehelmick.
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

In case you wanted to help out in some way… DO IT HERE!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The goal is 100 miles on June 7th. Starting around 6 AM at Stateline on the south end of Lake Tahoe, riding clockwise around the lake, doing an out and back from Kings Beach to Truckee and back, and then continuing clockwise around Tahoe back to Stateline. 100 miles, around 5000 feet elevation gain / loss. Looking forward to the pool party at the end!
    joe

cmon4day
    Participant

Joe, your are killing it!!! WOW 80 mi. in one ride!!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Yesterday I road with the team on an 80 mile tour of the East Bay Area with 5000 feet of elevation gain / loss. Details are HERE.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.