Cabin Insurance

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Cabin Insurance

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Becky
    Participant

We just moved all of our insurance to AAA in Angel’s Camp because Liberty Mutual was non-renewing us in BTV. Jim Bailey is who took care of everything – Cabin, where we now reside full time, 4 cars including an 18 yr old driver, boat, umbrella and jewelry floater. The cabin is covered by Lloyd’s, but they are using the standard HO3 form of coverage. He also is covering our Course of Construction policy for a new cabin that we are having built next door. His number is 209-736-3563. Feel free to tell him that Becky, his new client, sent you. Good luck.

skipamy
    Participant

We are covered by Allstate (primary home, umbrella, auto, cabin) and I just changed my cabin insurance to a ‘landlord’ package since we rent out occasionally. My Allstate guy kept the cabin homeowner insurance until he was sure that the new landlord package was authorized, and it was.

everik
    Participant

Yep, we were dropped by Liberty over the summer, too. Moved over to AAA (EVERYTHING: San Jose home, all our cars, liability insurance and the Big Trees cabin). Good for AAA, bad for Liberty.
    The cabin, though, got insured through Lloyds, too, as others have done. Be “non-admitted” in Ca is not a big deal, especially for a big name like Lloyds.
    Not sure where you live, but the AAA branch in Palo Alto did it all for us and were very professional. In the end, all our insurance policies were cheaper from AAA than from Liberty (exact 1:1 insurance policies).

Westlye
    Participant

We also jumped through hoops to obtain fire insurance for our recent Truckee purchase. State Farm referred us to a local insurance broker who found a policy through Scottsdale Insurance https://www.scottsdaleins.com/web/public/. We landed with Hartford and needed to insure the other properties/cars to receive a discounted rate which is less than our current State Farm rate with better coverage. To note, some insurance companies are “non-admitted” insurance (including Lloyds) and claim coverage and compliance is not governed by the state of CA.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Westlye.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Westlye.
    RHYuroc
    Participant

Do check with AAA. Within the last year they covered my cabin and I do not have any other insurance with them. They insured it through Loyd’s of London.

There is also a state risk poll for those who can’t get fire insurance.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I Have AAA for both cars, house and cabin, but I’m not sure if they’ll still cover a cabin. Sort of grandfathered in maybe.

skisnxs
    Participant

Check with Costco….we have all insurance through them including our primary residence, cabin, autos, umbrella liability.

craig
    Participant

What a timely post! I am in the process of purchasing a cabin in Big Trees Village and am having trouble finding a carrier who will write a homeowners policy due to the fire danger. So far I have tried State Farm (my primary carrier), Farmers, Barlocker (broker) and Vantreo (broker). Vantreo did provide a quote, but it was very high. If anyone can provide a referral, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

mtndad
    Participant

State Farm Ins
    Teddi Paul
    728-2023
    265 Tom Bell Rd
    Murphys, CA

Bob
    Participant

We’ve been advised that Liberty Mutual is using an updated map and our cabin in BTV is now in a fire brush zone that they will no longer provide insurance in. Has anyone received a notice from other carriers that their insurance will not be renewed? We are in search of a new policy if you have any recommendations regarding service and cost.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.