CCWD Rate Increase

Home Forums BigTrees Talk CCWD Rate Increase

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    farawayeyes
    Participant

Full-Time
    The Solid waste fee has been $150/yr since 1,991-92 tax year. It was $140 the year prior, didn’t look back further than that.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 5 months ago by farawayeyes.
    rswheeler1
    Participant

My reduced solid waste fee shows up on my property tax bill. I don’t recall getting a post card any more. At least I THINK the fee is reduced. I’m paying $112.50.

Flyfishr
    Participant

Re – reduced solid waste rates:
    A form from the county comes in the spring – used to be just a post card to fill out. I don’t remember if it is still a post card or a letter. Anyway, you sign attesting that the property is used less than 30 days per year. That includes any use, renters, friends coming up, etc.
    Watch your mail – I have nearly tossed it out several times because it just looks like junk mail.

ndamico
    Participant

how do you get a reduced refuse rate? we use ours less than 30 days a year.

Flyfishr
    Participant

Accept it, and pay it. What are your alternatives?
    I come up to my place about 6 times/year. Besides the water rates, AT&T runs about 32$/month (about 4 phone calls/year. No dependable cell phone coverage). Solid waste – $112/year – I get the reduced rates because I don’t use the place more than 30 days/year- for maybe 4 bags of trash per year. Such are the costs of having a place up here. Everybody has to share in the cost of having the infrastructure in place. Sure, part timers pay proportionally more than full time residents, but it is my choice how often I use the services.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Bear in mind that aside from actual use, there is aging infrastructure that needs to be repaired and replaced.
    So, yes Bertha, please fix the infrastructure and bring it up to modern standards before somebody gets sick.

seadog
    Participant

Fix it Bertha.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I think we’ve been paying this extra bit for a while, but I agree about the KY. $109 is a lot to pay when my average daily use is 1 gallon.

chipmunk
    Participant

$30.00 dollar rate increase and CCWD didn’t send me a tube of KY Jelly talk about being blinded sited !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.