cost to run hot tub here?

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance cost to run hot tub here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    allen
    Participant

We have a smaller 110 volt hot tub (190 gallons). We keep it at 100 degrees since that is the default if the power goes out. Costs about $20 a month to run it and we leave it at 100 degrees 24/7. We used to run it at a 102 degrees but every time there’s a power glitch, it goes back to 100 degrees.

carlshome
    Participant

I keep my tub at 102 throughout the winter in case there is a power outage. That way the tub won’t begin to freeze the water in the long power outage.

Bootstrap
    Participant

We just got a hot tub down here in the flatlands. As mentioned, the key is whether it’s hooked up to 110 or 220 volts. Our spa heats up 2 degrees per hour on 110 and 6 degrees per hour on 220. Because the pump has to run during heating, you save money with 220 because it heats up quicker.

So, depending on how often you come up to the mountains, you could keep the spa at a lower temp, during non-use, then turn it on when you arrive.

I imagine there is, or should be, some way to turn it on from the telephone or inter-web before you come up… 😉

carlshome
    Participant

I have a HotSprings Jetsetter (smaller model with 220 gallons of water) installed in 2000 with 220V. I keep the tub at 102 degrees year round. The monthly cost of electricity is $15 and the cost doesn’t seem to vary much winter vs summer. As you noted, every model will have different electric usage based on size, amount of insulation and whether it is 110V or 220V (220V uses less electricity for the heater).

Hope this helps.

Carl

tortuga
    Participant

We are two year new owners and have a hot tub on site. With a few parts it should be operational again but since it has never run under our ownership we have no sense to cost to run a hot tub here. Could some folks share their hot tub costs? We realize there will still be a range based on our model, how cold the winter is and usage but general numbers on the web of cost in Alabama is not useful to here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.