Cottage Springs to Re-open as a Snow Play Area

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Cottage Springs to Re-open as a Snow Play Area

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    lawver
    Participant

I taught my older daughter to ski there because it was so close and easy to return with a tired child, but I realized the terrain was too challenging so her younger sister learned at bear. Tubbing was dangerous and fantastic. Some of those multi tube trains were outrageous.

everik
    Participant

That’s good to see. People have been using it, without permission for years. We had noticed over the last two winters there was a lot of clearing and burning on the property. Then they put up a bunch of very threatening “no trespassing” signs.
    Good that it become “official” again and give people a safer alternative than just pulling off the side of the highway and closer than the snow parks up the road. Too bad it’s not till next year. Hopefully it will be affordable, too. Otherwise people will just continue to pull over on Highway 4.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I learned to ski there also. My parents had a cabin across the street on Beatrice RD, so it was pretty convenient. I have a place in Big Trees Village now and ski at Bear. Love it.
    Scott

allen
    Participant

I didn’t learn to ski there (or anywhere else) but we used to go there and do some “tubing” years ago. Glad to hear it will be reopening.

cmon4day
    Participant

Read the attached article about Cottage Springs re-opening the sledding hill. This is good news. I have fond memories at Cottage Springs. It is pretty much where I learned how to ski. My parents would take me there instead of all the way up to Bear Valley.

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Planned-Calaveras-snowplay-area-OKd

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.