Coyote sighting

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Coyote sighting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MCT
    Participant

Coyote in my yard this morning at 10:10am, lower Karock near Chinook. Chased my cat, who is ok. My 110 lb. madly barking dog didn’t phase it, but it ran when I went out. Pretty brazen, right by my deck!

Tiger
    Participant

Some people just let their dogs run loose and they shit in there neighbors yards all dog should be on leashes some people during the Fourth of July in the past throw firecrackers off their decks but nobody calls the police on them or complain The coyotes were here before people there going to be here they’re not going away good luck if you don’t get in trouble for shooting a coyote if it hasn’t tried to attack you

DER8391
    Participant

Instead of “eliminating” the coyote(s) why don’t you report these neighbors to California Fish and Game.
    Coyotes can only be killed in the instance of an imminent threat to public safety. The best non lethal thing to do is carry a handheld air horn to scare them off. Using negative stimuli is your best deterrent. Coyotes are curious by nature, and attacks on humans are very rare.
    Many people unintentionally feed coyotes by leaving pet food or garbage out at night or having large bird feeders. Coyotes are usually not interested in bird food, but bird feeders often attract rodents, especially squirrels, which then attract coyotes. People should understand the differences between true threats and coexistence. It is important to stress that our relationship with coyotes is directly affected by our behavior,coyotes react to us, and we can foster mutual respect or a lack of respect through cues we send to them.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

or, perhaps call Calaveras County Animal Services and ask them if feeding coyotes is legal in our county.
    (209) 754-6509

DFG seems to indicate that laws vary between communities.
    https://www.dfg.ca.gov/keepmewild/coyote.html

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

You might want to call the California Fish and Game or the police. I would be surprised if feeding coyotes is legal.

T. Web
    Participant

We have several neighbors that are feeding the coyotes, this is a Huge problem for us as we have two small dogs, one being a 8 week old. We have had the coyote’s stalk our little Terrior in the middle of the day. I was yelling at the coyote and it didn’t even phase the coyote. First off nobody should ever feed wildlife. Unfortunately I am now forced to eliminate the threat these coyote’s pose on my dogs and us. This is a extremely difficult option for us to take but we won’t have our dogs eaten on our property.

w.eppler
    Participant

We pick them up on our trai cam on the lower side of Krock also. Also appeared to have a wolf about 6 months back!

rswheeler1
    Participant

I saw one coyote behind my place on Hoopa Circle in the evening on the 25th of Aug, and 3 (mom and pups?) in the morning on the 26th.
    Scott

jandm
    Participant

We’ve never seen more coyote activity during the day here in Big Trees. Lack of water and all the fires this year?

caleach
    Participant

Yesterday when my wife was out walking our two small dogs she came upon a coyote on Karock near Pawnee. She thought it was about 50 Lbs or so and it didn’t really do anything and our dogs were confused and quiet. They will usually bark aggressively at anything that resembles a dog but they couldn’t figure this one out. Good thing it just wandered away.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.