Donations

Home Forums Web Site Donations

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

You can help HERE.
    This past week, Dana had her cast put on. Up until Thursday she was in a splint while the incision healed where they put the metal plate in.
    Great News! We explained to the Physician’s Assistant that she was going to do a cross country ski marathon in Anchorage, Alaska, on March 8th. The PA called the Surgeon and they decided that Dana’s cast will be coming off in 2 weeks instead of the usual 5 weeks. They said the plate will keep things stable and that they thought it was important to start physical therapy and strengthen the wrist for the event.
    Thank you everyone who has contributed so far, it is much appreciated and going to a great cause.
    joe

Westlye
    Participant

Hi Joe & Dana – the check will need to be mailed directly to LLS (my employer’s requirements).

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The usual way checks are handled is they are made out to LLS and then given or sent to the participant (P.O. Box 4473, Camp Connell, CA, 95223-4473.
    Then Dana and/or I fill out a form and send the check along with the form into LLS.
    In case that won’t work, I have asked the team manager if there is a different process that can be used where the checks do not go through the team member.
    Thanks,
    joe

Westlye
    Participant

Wishing Dana a quick recovery! Leukemia & Lymphoma society is such a worthy cause. Also, thank you Joe and Dana for all that you do to make our community a better place. I will need to snail-mail a check (workplace payroll deduction): do you have an address and contact at L.L.S. that the donation can be forwarded to?

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I know some of you have participated in Leukemia and Lymphoma Society fundraising teams in the past. Did you know that this year for the ski team, no transportation is provided? Participants are personally responsible for the cost of getting themselves to the Motel in Anchorage Alaska and back… not just the airfare but ground transportation as well.
    Your contribution will not help to offset those personal costs. However… HOWEVER… it will help to find a cure or hopefully a prevention for blood cancers. HERE is your chance to help. Please take it!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

The cost to do a human Genome in 2001 was about one hundred Million Dollars… that’s just for one single individual.
    The cost today is under ten thousand dollars and it is about to take another steep nosedive… Why? Well, in part due to the contributions made to help fight cancer and the results of research done funded by those contributions.
    Want to help? We’re asking for it. Here’s how! DO IT!

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

FYI, all donations that were made to BigTreesTech over the month of December have been donated to Dana’s LLS fundraising campaign.
    Thank you!
    joe

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.