Dorrington Hotel "Paranormal Activity"??

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Dorrington Hotel "Paranormal Activity"??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Typeaux
    Participant

My wife’s father built their cabin in Snowshow Springs back in 1960, when she was about ten years old. A fellow name of Isom ran the bar in the hotel, and the original cabin builders in Snowshoe would often meet up after a hard day’s work for some cold Anchor Steam beer on tap (or so my father-in-law used to tell me). I started coming up in 1978, and she told me the stories about the Dorrington Hotel being haunted, but it all sounded like so many campfire “ghost stories” that were designed to afford cheap entertainment in the form of scaring children half to death while feeding them burnt marshmallows and s’mores. Sigh… those were the days. :o)

Shoshone
    Participant

Our family also has been coming up for many years. I had some local friends that worked in the restaurant while in their late teens. They had some great stories of paranormal activity at the hotel and dining room.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Shoshone.
    cmon4day
    Participant

Yes,

The ghost of Rebecca Dorrington. I knew of this tale over 40 years ago when, as a kid, coming up to the cabin and playing/hanging out with the local kids who told me the story.

DER8391
    Participant

A friend ran across this site on The Dorrington Hotel does anyone remember reading or hearing about these so called findings? Was is it something the past owners put out there to drum up business? I have been coming up here since I was 4 years old and I never heard this before. Here is the link.

http://phcal.com/cases/dorrington/index.html

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.