exhaust fan w/ no attic

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance exhaust fan w/ no attic

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ndamico
    Participant

does anyone have a recommendation of a contractor to install one? Mark Williams is retired (sadly) which is who i used for my last project.

allen
    Participant

We have a QuietCool whole house fan and love it. It’s very quiet. I think you will need a roof fan but I’m not sure about snow loads on your roof. There’s some info on the QuietCcol website.

http://www.quietcoolfan.com/rooffans.html

Dogwood
    Participant

We installed three venting skylights earlier this year combined with ceiling fans does the job really well. It was expensive but well worth it.

tatonka
    Participant

I also have a whole house fan at my primary residence, they are great. A couple of ideas…you could install one or more small whole house fans on the gable ends of your cabin. Also you could install a fan within a skylight that could be opened when you needed to ventilate. I have seen an opening cut in the ceiling, creating a flat surface on the roof, installing the fan with a cap. One thing for sure, not going to be as easy as installation with an attic.

ndamico
    Participant

does anyone here have a whole house fan (exhaust fan) in a house with no attic? we have one in our house in the city but it has an attic. i didn’t know if the snow would mess with one if i were to cut a hole in the ceiling.. they work so well i’m hoping someone has one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.