Fences in Big Trees Village

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Fences in Big Trees Village

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Becky
    Participant

Thank you all for the responses and the link. I’ll check different materials before proceeding.
    Becky

grizcoach
    Participant

Depends on what size is your dog, but I used 4×4 PT posts and the fencing was a green wire fence. It disappears when it’s in the shade and looks nice in the sun. Got a 4′ tall roll at Home Depot. My dog is pretty athletic but she hasn’t jumped the fence.

Attachments:
    everik
    Participant

The Design and Use guideline that was referenced to does allow for the use of fences for dog runs:

10. Fences. To retain the natural beauty of the community and allow wildlife movement across and
    through Lots, fences need to be limited to dog runs and not serve as lot boundaries. These pet
    fences should be constructed of transparent and not privacy screening materials.

Since there is not size restriction, you should be good. Just make it from a transparent material, buy which they must mean something like a picket fence that has an appropriate spacing for your dog.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

That link leads to a statement that the CC&Rs are due to expire in 2016 and have been replaced by the board with a set of Design and Use Guidelines. It is my understanding that these Design and Use Guidelines are non-binding.
    If anyone knows of a legal means by which the CC&Rs could be made enforceable upon BTV home owners, please explain.

caleach
    Participant

Becky,

Here’s a link that might help you.

http://bigtreesvillage.org/about/budget/

Steve

Becky
    Participant

I recall something about fencing the yard as being prohibited by the CC&Rs for BTV, but can’t put my hands on a copy of the CC&Rs. Does anyone know where I can get a copy of those? I’d like to be able to fence in less than 25% of my sideyard in order to have some safe space for my older dog to hang out in when the weather is nice. She is now deaf so an invisible fence system won’t work and I can’t ever let her off of her leash for fear that she might wander out into the street and not hear a car coming down Indian Rock Rd. Any information or ideas would be most welcome. Thanks,
    Becky

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.