Good restaurant

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Good restaurant

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jannie
    Participant

Outer Aisle on 4 in Murphys is great – not sure if it’s open Mondays.

PK
    Participant

Diamondback Grill in Sonora is another choice for a Monday dinner. A little further but an easy drive.

allen
    Participant

El Vaquero is great if you like Mexican food. It’s in Arnold and I’m pretty sure it’s open seven days a week.

vnj
    Participant

Hi mtndad,
    Recommended:
    Arnold golf course Restaurant,closed Monday
    Rob’s Place, closed Monday
    Crusco’s, comment about tight seating didn’t bode well for a quiet upscale meal.
    Snowshoe Brewery, great place for very informal dining, but that’s not what we are looking for this Monday.
    Camps Restaurant, closed Monday
    That leaves only Murphy’s Hotel. I will check current reviews. Swore I would never return when the filth in the ladies room made me wonder about the cleanliness of the kitchen. Unfortunately it was a real turnoff. It does seem to be the only choice for a quiet, more formal than Snowshoe Brewery type meal.
    Again, I am very thankful for all who responded. Some great ideas for when we are not looking for a Monday celebration.

mtndad
    Participant

Curious, you say “don’t try to celebrate a birthday on a Monday.”

Numerous good restaurants were suggested that are open on Monday.

Was there something missing in your original request (i.e. Milage, size of party, etc)?

vnj
    Participant

Bottom line — don’t try to celebrate a birthday on a Monday. Camp’s too is closed on Mondays. All of the input is sincerely appreciated. Thank you to everyone who commented. Thank you also to Techman for this wonderful website.

Flyfishr
    Participant

VERY slim pickings on a Monday night
    There is always Snowshoe Brewing – a good solid choice, although nothing fancy.
    If you’re willing to drive a little further, check with Camps Restaurant at the Greenhorn Springs golf course in Angels Camp – call first to make sure they are open on Monday. Only other choice on a Monday night might be the restaurant at the Murphy’s Hotel.

mtndad
    Participant

I forgot that in Murphys, there is the Murphys Hotel
    http://murphyshotel.com

Or, for some fun, although maybe a little tough to have a quiet conversation, you might try the Snow Shoe Brewery in Arnold.

http://www.snowshoebrewing.com

mikeG71
    Participant

Arnold really needs a nice place to eat that is open more than a few days a week!

Cruscos has some very good food, but the wife and I have decided to stop going there since the seating area is so dang tight.
    We aren’t big people by any means, but if you can’t sit and enjoy a meal without bumping elbows on both sides of your table with other patrons, well, no thanks.

mtndad
    Participant

Days open from their internet sight is Tuesday thru Saturday.

http://www.robsplacerestaurant.com

I might suggest Crusco’s, Angels Camp
    http://www.cruscos.com

bon appétit

Skibird
    Participant

Rob’s Place in Murphys opened in May and is very good. We have had several meals there. Rob has worked on the Hwy 4 corridor for many years and most recently was executive chef at Ironstone.

Skip
    Participant

I have gone to the golf course in Arnold and been very pleased. Not sure about Mondays though.

vnj
    Participant

We will be at our cabin at a time that includes a birthday celebration. The Dorrington Hotel dining room is long gone, Tallahans is no more and Sarafina’s is not open on Mondays. Please suggest a nice place for dinner on Monday. Anywhere between Murphys and Bear Valley would be fine. Many thanks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.