Hangtree Trail???

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Hangtree Trail???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    cmon4day
    Participant

Drunk Drive. Now there’s a street name.

chipmunk
    Participant

You mean Robert Conrad the Drunk Drive that did bodily harm in Arnold. And then paid the injured persons off with HUSH MONEY for freedom. Robert stay in SoCal we don’t need your kind.

cabin
    Participant

He sold his house at Bear Valley. I assume he doesn’t come up any more.

Bootstrap
    Participant

Yes, Snowshoe Springs is not for the faint of heart. Only the tough survive up here in the cold Winters and Wild, Wild, West of Summers!

That reminds me…Robert Conrad used to hang out at Bear Valley ski area…not as tall as he looked on TV…nice, friendly guy. Wonder if he is still around?

chainsawcindy1
    Participant

I loved this thread~ seriously funny. Maybe you should give different directions.

fishinfool
    Participant

If we are going to get all “politically correct”, seriously, shouldn’t it be African American Bart?

cabin
    Participant

I think the 1%ers live on Easy Street so we don’t need to change that name!
    I keep looking for Indians on Ottawa and Shoshone. No luck so far. I wonder if that is why it is called Hangtree?

Bootstrap
    Participant

I would venture to say that the streets were simply named with an old Western theme and are not to be taken literally. I don’t think Black Bart lived in the area and I doubt anyone would come all the way up here from the populated cities to find just the right hanging tree…..when there are tens of thousands of trees all across the Sierra Nevada Mountains. I also doubt they ever found gold on “Pay Dirt Court” and I’ve never seen any trace of a moonshine still on Upper or Lower Jug Handle Drive. As for chickens on Murietta’s Roost……maybe 😉

uttb
    Participant

How bout leaving changes in the valley

cmon4day
    Participant

There is a hang tree of sorts on Hang Tree Lane. Just up from Black Bart on the left is a huge cedar with large branches that jut out which one would be hanging from. Whether of not it was used as such a thing who knows?

chipmunk
    Participant

@ buckgoody, are you the person that had Redskins removed from Angels Camp High School?

Bootstrap
    Participant

How about “Lethal Injection Lane”? ..and I’m still looking for the Boot on El Camino Bootstrap… 😉

buckgoody
    Participant

Does anyone know the history of the street name Hangtree Trail? Is there or was there an actual hanging tree? Every time I give directions to someone I ponder this poor choice for a street name. I wonder how hard it would be to have it changed?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.