Ironstone 4th ofJuly Question

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Ironstone 4th ofJuly Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    craig
    Participant

I contacted info@ironstonevineyards.com and received this very detailed reply from the GM. I thought I would pass it along if anyone else was interested.

We advertise 4:30 as the opening time, however, if traffic backs up on Six Mile Road the California Highway Patrol makes us open early. There is always an initial influx of vehicles when we open the gates whether it be earlier than announced or at 4:30. After the initial opening the next “rush” of traffic comes around 6:00 pm. Since we use the entire facility for Independence Day, there is plenty of lawn seating for everyone. Many families go to the lower lawn while others go to the amphitheatre.

Again, while 4:30 is our advertised time to open the gates, if we are ordered to open early due to road congestion we will comply.

Bruce Rohrer
    General Manager
    Ironstone Vineyards

craig
    Participant

I’m considering attending the Ironstone 4th of July celebration on Saturday with my family. I’ve attended before, but it’s been a few years. I seem to remember arriving at the time listed for “gates open” (4:30), only to find most of the lawn seating already occupied. Ironstone must allow people to start lining up well ahead of the “gates open” time. Does anyone know how this works or how far in advance people start lining up? Thanks for any info.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.