Local Business

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Local Business

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    mhjohn2
    Participant

We too try to eat in town at least once on our trips to Arnold. Always stop into the Humane society thrift shop for great deals.

w.eppler
    Participant

We typically have at least one meal in Arnold and always make at least one trip to Big Tree’s Market and the Bistro!!! This weekend was one of the busiest I’ve seen for a while. Espescially evadent on the way home with traffic light in Murphys!!
    Oh well, a weekend at the cabin is still better than anything in the lowlands!!!

Flyfishr
    Participant

We don’t ever bring up food / beverages from the bay area when we come up. We have patronized Big Trees Market since they were in the small store in Applewood Center. Back in those days, you had to shop early on holiday weekends – they would run out of popular food items. Good place to purchase Ironstone wines – cheaper than at the winery.
    We also make it a point to have most of our dinners, and the occasional lunch, out at the local establishments. It is really a shame to see so many good establishments now closed.

Westlye
    Participant

As a part-timer, it’s sometimes it’s hard to support local businesses (I usually bring provisions so I can R&R while up) so I hope I can start of string of recommended and sometimes overlooked local business.

To start:
    I washed my filthy car at the coin-op car wash across from Big Trees Market. For $5.00 my car is super clean, the bugs and dust are off and I also applied a liquid wax to my car. All in 10 minute. I did take towels to dry my car but I consider the wash a bargain and a huge timer saver.

Big Trees Market’s price on Rombauer chardonnay is several dollars less per bottle than Bay Area prices and the produce section keeps getter fresher with a very good selection.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Westlye.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.