Local contractors

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Local contractors

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    lostbruce
    Participant

I have had great experience with Calaveras construction, Mike Jarnigan for a deck years ago and a garage last year. I’m sure there are other great contractors in the area, just sharing my experience.

May want to keep in mind that lumber cost is up 2x or 3x right now compared to a year ago. If you can wait, maybe the costs will correct themselves, maybe not.

ejgurt1
    Participant

We are looking to get our deck replaced… any referrals?

K6OAK
    Participant

We have the same issue with our small cabin in Arnold. A contractor, in for another reason, thought it was simply a matter of getting fresh air into the air tight cabin. He thought the problem would disappear if we were there full time. Indeed, it was better in the summer when we kept a window ajar while we were gone. Let me know what you find out.

uttb
    Participant

That should have been Choctaw Dr and Cheyenne

uttb
    Participant

Definitely Canton they are doing my floors as I speak. 795-4506. Check the quality of his work in the house he built on the Choctaw Drive in Cheyenne

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by uttb.
    Bill
    Participant

When we first arrive at our cabin, here is a noticeable musty odor as soon as we enter the front door. It might be a decomposing mouse, but I am thinking I have a mold problem somewhere under or in the house. I am having difficulty determining the source of the smell as it seems to be fairly evenly distributed. Cursory examination does not reveal any plumbing leaks. I did have some water flooding from a few burst pipes three-four years ago, but the only water that escaped was a few gallons tops. Anyone know of someone who might be able to help me with this before I start demolishing sheet rock? The odor diminishes after you are in the house for a bit, but if you go outside and come back in, the smell is evident. I would appreciate any advice.

Aleon
    Participant

Hello, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Allen Shaw a local contractor in Dorrington. I have a web site allenshawconstruction.com you may view……I would like to give you a estimate for your window replacement if you’d like…Thanks

Allen Shaw

Flyfishr
    Participant

I agree on Mark Canton. Go to the Yelp site Canton Construction, and check the ‘before’ and ‘after’ pictures. That is my place. New siding, decks, and windows.

uttb
    Participant

Definitely Canton Construction. Outstanding quality work.

ChillinChumash
    Participant

We had our windows replaced by Canton Construction, 209-795-4506. Mark has done alot of work on our place and my husband is very satisfied.

ndamico
    Participant

thank you!

mikeG71
    Participant

Everyone will have their own people, but in my years up here, Ive remodeled two homes, and these are the people I use.

General contractor- Berger construction 770-0222
    painting, stains or drywall repair-Dye painting- 480-3738
    Roscelli roofing-770-7256

John Dashner for land maintenance and Twinkle for windows…

Many if not all the others have either let me down when it come to quality, or just didn’t show up.

ndamico
    Participant

Who is recommended nowadays? Looking to have our Windows replaced and an exhaust fan added.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.