Log splitter

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Log splitter

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dacmill
    Participant

Frank doesn’t take down trees, but he has crews that can do lot clearing and other maintenance jobs. I’ve used Scott Ball from Twain Harte several times to take down trees- he’s good, reliable, and reasonably priced. 209-586-4149.

He’s cleared the slash and cut and stacked sections of the logs- I’m not sure if he would take all the wood.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by Dacmill.
    ebaker
    Participant

Frank Stone: 795-1808. He does lot clearing in the spring/summer. Don’t know about trees.

Snowshoe1958
    Participant

Dorrington Realty has a list of services and he is on the list under Handyman.
    *http://www.murphysrealestatebylinda.com/Local%20Partners.htm
    Remove the *

lostbruce
    Participant

Does Frank Stone cut trees down or just work with stuff on the ground? Anyone have a contact number?

I have a tree I need taken down and already have too much firewood. The person I contacted about taking it down didn’t want to deal with the wood.

Thanks

ebaker
    Participant

That’s even better! I’m sure Frank Stone would do it right! I know he is honest and reliable.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by ebaker.
    Dacmill
    Participant

I was going to rent a splitter last summer, but realized for about fifty bucks more than a one-day rental fee, I could hire a couple of guys who brought a splitter- the two of them split and stacked way more wood than I ever could. I used Frank Stone.

caleach
    Participant

Thanks for the tip and I’ll check them out.

steve

rswheeler1
    Participant

I rented a log splitter from Arnold Rents. It was about $19 an hour with a 3 hour minimum. I was splitting some gnarly oak and this powerful machine worked great.
    Scott

ebaker
    Participant

Pretty sure you can rent one at Arnold Rental.

caleach
    Participant

I recently had several trees taken down on our lot and had them hauled away. There was one big Black Oak that I wanted to save for firewood and asked Dave Finn to cut that one into 16 inch lengths so I could split it up for the wood stove. Well, I was delusional as most of the pieces are far more than I can handle.
    My question is, does someone have a log splitter I could borrow when I’m up there next time? It would probably be mid Nov.
    Thanks

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.