Missing Dog – Sheila

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Missing Dog – Sheila

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Westlye
    Participant

I certainly hope that Sheila is safe and has been found!

I highly recommend micro-chipping pets. We have a mostly indoor cat that has twice gotten “lost” for a few days. I might add, she’s not the brightest star in the universe but super sweet. Her most recent wander was for over two weeks in Truckee (9/19). We spent hours searching and calling for her as did our neighbors. We were certain that she was taken by a predator until she was picked by animal control and scanned for a chip. I kind couple found her in their yard (over two miles away) and called animal control. Both animal control and the micro-chip company, PetLink, immediately contacted us via text messaging and emails (10/5). Our cat, “Bear”, was no worse for the wear and seems completely fine (not flustered or edgy, just a little lighter). Needless to say, she’s grounded and am grateful that the micro-chipping programs work so well. $7 to bail her out of a luxurious pokey in Truckee.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Westlye.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Westlye.
    gagacabin
    Participant

Has Shiela been found? I am headed to the cabin tomorrow, will keep an eye out if needed.

roemkens
    Participant

My medium sized, black, short-haired and athletic build dog – Sheila – escaped on Saturday from our cabin on Karock Rd. She is friendly but wary of strangers. She is wearing a white/green/pink floral patterned collar with a large dog-tag style tag that has our bay area and Dorrington contact information. She seems to have been roaming around as far east as Camp Connel gas station, back west to Boards Crossing, and around Snowshoe lake. Up until this morning 5am we have not been able to find her and had to drive back down to the bay area. If anyone sees her, or is able to catch her and keep her safe – we will drive up as soon as we know where she is. Please call us on 510-6859546. Thank you!!! Christa Roemkens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.