New Community Forum

Home Forums Web Site New Community Forum

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    gagacabin
    Participant

How do we get an invitation from Sandi?

caleach
    Participant

I responded to Sandis invitation and got everything set up. I am not able to upload a profile picture for some reason, not that this is terribly important.

Stev

jebediah jake
    Participant

I was just on the Nextdoor site and ended up deactivating my current account and registering the cabin for Nextdoor Big Trees Village. It turns out for address verification you can upload a utility bill that shows the service address (in BTV) and the home mailing address for the bill and they will then send the activation code.
    I would assume that would work if you had a second email address you wanted to use to register the BTV house and keep the main account.

apachegrail
    Participant

For Facebook users I have created a page: “Big Trees Raves” Might be an alternative for those trying to get onto Nextdoor (I am having difficulty, it keeps sending me to my flatland Nextdoor page).

gagacabin
    Participant

The following is an email I just received from nextdoor

Hi Linda,

I’m John from the Space Coast in Florida and as a Volunteer Nextdoor Lead/Community Expert I’m available to answer your support ticket quicker than going into the normal Nextdoor support queue (up to a 48-hour wait for a response).

Sorry to hear there’s a problem with verification.

Here’s other verification options:

OPTION A: A verified Nextdoor member in that neighborhood can contact Nextdoor and verify you reside or have property in the neighborhood:

1. Navigate to https://help.nextdoor.com/customer/portal/email…
    2. Select “MY NEIGHBORHOOD INFORMATION” and then Select “VERIFY A NEIGHBOR”
    3. Fill out the online form then Select “SEND EMAIL.”

OPTION B: A verified Nextdoor member in that neighborhood can also contact a Nextdoor Lead listed at https://nextdoor.com/directory/leads/ who can “immediately” verify you under their “Verify Neighbors” List.

OPTION C: You can provide a document to prove residence or ownership (e.g. a property deed, rental agreement, utility bill…). Closing documents are accepted after the actual closing has occurred. If you want that option, I can forward this support ticket and Nextdoor can contact you within 24 hours to submit a copy.

Can you please try one of those verification options?

Kind Regards,

Sandi,
    Can Adam and I join if we don’t live in the Big trees Subdivision?
    Thanks,
    Jessica Snider

Sandi
    Participant

I just tested sending an invite and will let you know if that’s makes things smoother.

jsschmitz
    Participant

You can email Nextdoor with a PDF copy of anything official that shows your service address. Water bill, phone or cable should work. You have to wind your way through the support tab on Nextdoor, but eventually there is a place where you can email and add an attachment.

gagacabin
    Participant

I am having the same problem as Buckgoody. I put in the cabin address. My phone billing address is my Camp Connell post office address, however, that didn’t work either.
    If we use our (flatland) home address, can we have access to the bigtreesvillage.nextdoor forum?

buckgoody
    Participant

The “nextdoor” community site may not work for me. I’m a weekend warrior without a local phone. I tried to register for the site but they require you to verify your address with either a local phone (registered to your local address), postcard, or credit card (registered with the local address). None of which I have or care to obtain. Please let me know if someone knows of another solution.

Skibird
    Participant

Everytime I try to get to bigtreesvillage.nextdoor.com and register it takes me to my home Alameda nextdoor of which I’m a member. Any ideas out there on how to register for a second nextdoor community?

Thanks, Joe, for providing the wonderful website all these years.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

OK, Thanks Sandi (SierraSentry.Com) for the link. As far as I am concerned, the replacement for the BigTreesTech forum will be (unoffically).
    https://bigtreesvillage.nextdoor.com

There will be no transfer of user information from BigTreesTech to any other entity so you will have to create a new account with nextdoor.com. In fact, come early March, all user account information will be permanently deleted from BigTreesTech.com.

Since the forum will soon be disabled, this information will soon be posted on the main page of BigTreesTech.
    joe

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.