Opossum (maybe)

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Opossum (maybe)

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sharris2347
    Participant

Thanks to you both for those great ideas. One way or another I will get rid of him!

AEC
    Participant

We had an opossum in our attic in the Bay Area which was too smart to let itself be trapped. After talking to a wildlife rescue person this is what worked for us. They don’t like light, so we put a bright work light up there, on 24/7. They also are sensitive to strong smells so we sprayed a strong smelling house cleaning product around up there too. The opossum left of its own accord for somewhere more hospitable!

carlshome
    Participant

At my house in the Bay Area I’ve had opossum invasions. They are impressive diggers. One dug under the foundation that had more than normal exposure to the outside. Another literally tore off 1/4″ wire cloth to gain entry. I would walk around the entire foundation and look carefully. But he/they were smart enough to realize that when I blocked their entry points they didn’t try again.

On another occasion I set a large trap. First I caught the neighbors cat, then a raccoon. But then I got the opossum. I took the cage twenty miles away into the hills and let him go.

sharris2347
    Participant

I might have an opossum in a “dirt” room where my water heater is next to the basement. Scat was identified by pest control, who said it had insects in it. Anyone know how to get rid of this critter or trap it? A rat trap I set not only went off, but disappeared! . . . . all vents are secure, undisturbed, and I can find no way it is getting in or out! Anyone have any ideas?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.