Painting

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Painting

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    mikeG71
    Participant

If Dye can’t get to you this year, can he in the spring or does it have to be done before the snow flies?

Ive used a few of the names mentioned, and for the price, and the detail Dye does, you really can’t go wrong…

He even stopped by a few after he did my deck to make sure it was drying properly..

guyo
    Participant

Try Larry Collum Painting out of Murphys, you can reach them at 728-2792

gagacabin
    Participant

I waited to late in the season to get Kevin Dye to paint my cabin.. He is booked solid. I see that someone recommend Colletta Painting. Does anyone else have suggestions?
    Also, when I googled Colletta Painting, it said Sonora, is that correct?
    I just might have to wait until spring. 🙁
    Update: Good news, he is giving me an estimate today…

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by gagacabin.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by gagacabin.
    allen
    Participant

Anyone care to post how much Dye charged to paint their cabin? Just looking for a ballpark figure. Just painting, not the deck.

Shoshoneeeee
    Participant

Also highly recommend Kevin Dye after he painted and stained our cabin/decks last fall. Still looks great.

mikeG71
    Participant

Had Kevin and his guys come back and refinish our decks. They rented huge drum sanders, and by hand sanded the entire deck down to bare wood then replaced the old Kelly moore water based stain with oil a previous painter used. Looks amazing. Cant say enough about his character and the attention to detail. Dye painting 209-480-3738

1Buddy
    Participant

We also selected Kevin Dye Painting.He is in the process of painting our cabin as we speak.Just saw the progression video and it looks great. We are very happy 🙂

SnowShoe
    Participant

Just to let everyone know that we selected Dye Painting and could not be happier. Our cabin painting (and deck) was way overdue and it required a lot of extra prep work and paint. Kevin and his crew did an excellent job under very difficult circumstances and we are very pleased with the result of their work. It is very high quality. I would highly recommend them.

mikeG71
    Participant

Another fan of Dye Painting. His video bids are really great. He even did progress reports with the video camera for us as well!
    We are having him come back this summer and stain our deck.

lostbruce
    Participant

We were happy with Kevin Dye’s painting and staining. Professional, clean, competitive pricing, easy to work with.

Camp Con
    Participant

Colletta painting. They painted my house last summer in Camp Connell. They did a great job and were very professional. Their price was reasonable, too.

Westlye
    Participant

Ditto on Kevin Dye. We met with several paining contractors, some never follow through with a bid, others were hard to reach – Kevin promptly submitted a bid, communication was an A+ and most importantly we were very happy with the work he performed (on time and budget). He’s local, a great dad and a nice guy too boot!

chipmunk
    Participant

I have found out the dirty and the wetter the deck is the better the stain or paint adheres

caleach
    Participant

Does a deck have to be pressure washed prior to re treating, and if so doe it need to thoroughly dry before sealing?

rcalder
    Participant

I had my modest cabin done by Kevin Dye last summer.
    He’s really a nice guy and now raising his family in Arnold after moving from AZ where he had a bigger company.
    He did the exterior and treated the deck. To my layman’s eye the work is excellent.
    I had no problem at all with what he charged.
    One very cool difference was what he did for my estimate.
    He shot a video walking around the outside of my place with a running commentary on what needed to be done and how he intended to do it.
    He then posted it to youtube and sent me the link.
    pretty cool.
    FWIW – Highly recommended by me.

http://kevindyepainting.com/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.