pest control

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance pest control

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    NorCal311
    Participant

We use Foothill-Sierra Pest Control and the guys are great. You tell them what you want and they get it done.

-Brian

DER8391
    Participant

Rooster
    Participant

I found that once we removed some old stumps in the yard it eliminated a large breading area for those very large flying carpenter ants. It seems like there is always one or two days where the eggs hatch inside the stumps and they start swarming out. Adam Snider Stump Grinding gives free estimates. 209 768-1962

twinboys
    Participant

We also use Anchor. Just a thought, if you are hearing something, possibly a squirrel. I would recommend getting a live cage trap at the Tractor Supply Co. Go to Trader Joes, they have a great cheese selection. Some for the trap and some for the wine for the adults.

I placed the live animal trap in thematic and the Syrah socked cheese and mission accomplished. I would also make sure that the pest Co takes care of the carpenter ants if present.

mtndad
    Participant

you will be satisfied.
    No carpenter ants here for years and we have plenty of downed wood.

caleach
    Participant

After some communications mixups we had Guy come over from Clark and confirmed that we have carpenter ants nesting in the ceiling. We set up a service contract so that we can eliminated the problem. He was very professional and even fielded a call from my wife when I had to go down to Rowley’s with a load of brush.

ebaker
    Participant

We also use and recommend Foothill-Sierra. They have a “high altitude” plan, which is 4 treatments a year, April through October. And they put mouse/rat bait in our sub-area. Our mouse and carpenter ant problems have disappeared. Branden is great!

We also had carpenter ants living in the space between the ceiling and roof! No more! It’s been about 8 years. Our cabin is 35 years old, and we still love it!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by ebaker.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by ebaker.
    Dave and Nancy
    Participant

We had the same problem a couple of years ago with our 13 year old cabin. You have carpenter ants making a nest in your ceiling. We just had Branden of Foothill-Sierra do a one-time and he was good as well – 532-7378. I suspect they all are similar. The important thing is to get on it right away.

carlshome
    Participant

We too have used Anchor Pest for at least ten years. They come every two months. The guy who services BTV is excellent and very responsive when an issue occurs. I highly recommend them.

Granite
    Participant

We have used Anchor pest control for ten years they are very good and responsive to all your needs and requests.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 10 months ago by Granite.
    gagacabin
    Participant

We have had Clarks Pest Control for about 3 years. We are signed up for the every other month plan. Have not had one problem since using their service.
    The man in our area name is Guy, super nice guy.

mtndad
    Participant

We also have Clark Pest Control.
    Good service. Will come back if necessary.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

We have had Clark Pest Control for several years. They have been very reliable.

caleach
    Participant

Can I get some recommendations on reliable Pest Control operators in the BTV area?

It seems we may have something above the planks on our cathedral ceiling. This is the 2nd time that I have found what looks like chewed up insulation on a chair right under the highest point in the ceiling.

Home is only 11 years old so didn’t expect any critters just yet.

Thanks,
    Steve

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.