Pine firewood-Free

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Pine firewood-Free

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    wampitude
    Participant

I would love to take some if you still have some left – can you let me know your address and will you be around next few days or should I just help myself?

rswheeler1
    Participant

Thanks for the offer, but I got all I could handle by myself. That stuff was HEAVY! And thanks for the wood.
    Scott

skisnxs
    Participant

I will be up this weekend and can help you load bigger rounds if you wish.

rswheeler1
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m up here now, 2/2/15, and it looks great. I’ll start tomorrow with what I can pick up. Some of those rounds are huge! Way beyond my scrawny self!

skisnxs
    Participant

I see that there were a couple of BTT members that attempted to contact me about the wood via private message. Apparently when you use this feature, only the author and Joe can see the message….so I never saw your replies and you have not seen a response from me.

Yes, the wood is still available so call me on 650-743-5299 for the address.

rswheeler1
    Participant

Is the pine firewood still available? I could pick it up late Monday or Tuesday as long as it’s not too heavy. I’m not a big guy, 5-6 and 140 lbs. My home phone is 925-939-2957.
    Scott

NorCal311
    Participant

Hi, is some wood still there? I am on Meko and will be up there next weekend. If there is some left, I will bring my truck up. I think I know what house is yours (if it is the same place I pass all the time) and I did see some wood there last weekend. I sent this message private.

Thanks
    -Brian

skisnxs
    Participant

We still have the pine logs available to anyone who is interested. Let me know.

skisnxs
    Participant

I still have plenty of pine available for anyone interested. You will need a good size chainsaw to cut into rounds since the max diameter of the trunk is about 36″. Let me know if you are interested in some or all of this wood. Access is easy…right by our driveway.

skisnxs
    Participant

Scott-
    Will from Do Wooders (who provide free firewood to people in need) will take the wood but is not sure when they will get to it (could even be next Spring) since all their help is volunteer. If you want to take some of the logs please do so. Address is 5192 Hokan Circle. You will see the logs in the front yard. I do want to make sure that Do Wooders get some of the wood, so please don’t share the address with anyone else. If you need to contact me, just email to macomstock@comcast.net.

thanks
    Mike

rswheeler1
    Participant

I would love to have some of the pine, but I can’t get up there until next week, Thursday or Friday. By then it’ll probably all be spoken for. If not, please let me know.
    Scott

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I think you are referring to the ‘Do Wooders’ who operate out of The Chapel in the Pines
    2286 Cedar Ln, Arnold, CA 95223
    (209) 795-1064

skisnxs
    Participant

PG&E felled an 80 ft pine tree on our property. The trunk is cut in 4′ sections but would have to be further cut into 16″ pieces and split. This wood is free for the taking! Let me know if you are interested and I will let you know our location.

I did hear that there was some group that would take wood like this and provide it to underprivileged folks. If anyone knows about this please let me know.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.