private messages

Home Forums Web Site private messages

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Sorry, private messages are no longer supported because they never worked in the first place with this platform. If you would like to establish contact with another user you can send me an email directly that includes their username and the message that you would like to convey (perhaps just that you would like to get in touch with them).
    Sorry for the inconvenience,
    joe

vnj
    Participant

Hi Joe,
    I want to send my phone number to the person who volunteered to help me move my desk, but I don’t want to publish the number to the world. I am not certain how to be sure the message is private. An option would be if I could send the phone number to you privately and you could please pass it on to 1buddy since you probably have that ability. What should I do? Many thanks.
    Valerie (vnj)

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

Here is how I believe private messages work… but I am not 100% sure because I did not write the code and it did not come with thorough documentation.

A) If you scroll down to the bottom of a topic page and reply using the default “Reply To:” box, your private message will be viewable by you, the admin (me), and the original topic author.
    B) If you click on light grey “Reply” link at the top of a specific post, your private message will be viewable by you, admin, and the the author of the post where you clicked “Reply”.

Try it out, see if it works, and let me know 🙂
    joe

vnj
    Participant

Joe, is it still the case that a private message will only be visible to the person who started the particular forum topic (and to you of course)? It is my understanding that one cannot send a private reply to someone who commented on a topic, but did not in fact start the topic. I was asked to send a private reply to someone on one of the forums and I didn’t think it was possible. Could you please post an explanation about private messages/replies and how they can be used and what they do and do not do? Thank you very much. And thank you for a great website.

• This topic was modified 9 years ago by vnj.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.