Rain Gutters

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance Rain Gutters

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mebharkins
    Participant

I use 2″x2″ metal drip cap. I bend it by hand to slightly more than 90 degrees, and nail it to the eave so it just barely hangs outside the vertical edge of the roof. The snow shedding usually does not hit. Of course it cannot handle big storm events, but works well to shed the drip drip drip of melting snow, and small rain events.

Westlye
    Participant

We had King Parrish of Sonora install rain gutter guard (not sure of the brand as it was several years ago) and also replaced many downspouts with rain chains. No need to purchase fancy copper ones, most chains work just fine.

Filomeo
    Participant

we also got Byers. Very happy with the work and the product.

Camp Con
    Participant

Thank you AZbunch and carlshome for the good advice. I’m definitely looking for something that will stay clean, clear and hopefully not freeze up in the winter.

carlshome
    Participant

We installed standard gutters over our garage door in 2000. As noted above they were a pain to keep clean. Four years ago I replaced the old gutters with Byers Leaf Guard gutters. They are great. I have never had a clog. And the snow slides over the top of them. Check them out at:
    http://www.leafguard-gutters.com/Byers‎

Carl

AZbunch
    Participant

You might want to re-consider. We originally put them on our place when we built in ’93. It was a continuing nightmare trying to keep the needles from plugging up the downspouts. Tried all types of contraptions but nothing really did the trick, which meant that eventually the gutters started to rot out. Took down all the gutters several years ago and never looked back…..

Camp Con
    Participant

I’m considering installing rain gutters around part of my cabin. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding what works best up here with our winter snow and freezing temps? Also, does anyone have any experience with installers to pass on ?

Thank You.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.