safe access to fan on high ceiling

Home Forums Cabin Maintenance safe access to fan on high ceiling

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    1Buddy
    Participant

Had the same issue, I called Angles Eletric to install remote.

jsschmitz
    Participant

thanks for all the good advice.

Where in the Arnold area would I rent scaffolding? Maybe Arnold Rental would have it?

gagacabin
    Participant

My husband replace a ceiling fan in our cabin at 23 feet. He used scaffolding. Didn’t take long to set up the scaffolding either, was an easy fix after that.
    I didn’t scream once!!

caleach
    Participant

I have the same kind of problem but I just have to replace the bulb. The first time I did it I used an extension ladder but will not try that again on a cathedral ceiling. The bottom of the fan is about 13 feet from the floor so I think I will rent a tall step ladder.

rswheeler1
    Participant

My ceiling was about 20 feet. I used a 24 foot extension ladder which just touched the main beam with about 3 inches to spare. It was shaky, but I could let go of the ladder to install the ceiling fan. I assembled the fan on the floor, tied a rope to it and hauled it up when I got to the top of the ladder. I’d hire someone before I’d do it again. Too old for that stuff!
    Scott

Granite
    Participant

Either ladder jacks or scaffolding

jsschmitz
    Participant

I’ve got a ceiling fan on a high vaulted ceiling that I need to work on (add a remote control). My issue is how to get up there and work on it safely. It’s about 20 feet up. I can get there on an extension ladder, but that seems precarious as I will need 2 hands free to work on the fan as it is fairly heavy. If I were just replacing the bulbs this seems fine, but to access the whole fan seems challenging.

Any suggestions? Is there a better ladder to use for this height? Scaffolding seems overkill, but maybe it’s not too hard?

Some of you must have vaulted ceilings with a challenging height. How did you work on something up high?

thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.