shooting rules

Home Forums BigTrees Talk shooting rules

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ndamico
    Participant

anything closer to BTV? there is a place i go a little bit past the meko turnoff (up the hill) off to the left where the power line transformers can be seen.

uttb
    Participant

PLEASE!!! If you do go shooting, remember to police your brass (and targets). I always pick up a lot more than I use.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by uttb.
    mikeG71
    Participant

Hunter damn has a nice shooting area, you MUST obey the times and rules posted though please.

Skip
    Participant

Take the dirt road past White Pines lake about 1.5-2 miles. There is a nice cut out on the side of the road that is very popular. Keep going and you will see a spot down hill on the right that also used.

YanaHaven
    Participant

Anybody have a suggestion or a favorite safe place far away from our neighborhood to take the kids for some 22 target and can shooting?

mikeG71
    Participant

It is supposed to be 500ft from ANY structure and in a safe way, but that doesn’t matter up here.
    It is rumored that even the owner of our local gunstore had the police called on him because he was shooting out the back door of his business…

Sierrashoo
    Participant

My memory is not nearly what it used to be, but aren’t there rules about using firearms within the development in our CC&R’s?

hangtree23
    Participant

I spoke to Sheriffs office in July. Shooting is allowed but needs to be 200 yards from nearest residence. At the time there was shooting going on at the bottom of Indian Rock/Sierra Pkwy hundreds (thousands) of rounds going off. Not illegal, unless too close to homes.

ndamico
    Participant

I’ve wondered that myself. Everything I see just mentions minor distances from structures and shooting in a safe direction.

tortuga
    Participant

Anybody know the rules on firing weapons near homes? Someone is active on SPI land having quite the, uh, blast. Hunting cedars and pines, I expect, just don’t want my kid nicked. Labor day the sheriff was up looking for who was firing shotguns that day which makes me think all this nose shouldn’t be so close, anyone know?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.