s'mores alternatives

Home Forums BigTrees Talk s'mores alternatives

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    pleinair47
    Participant

My (teenage) daughter loves to put fruit on a stick and roast it while others are making s’mores. She enjoys apples, nectarines and peaches.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by pleinair47.
    sspmoose
    Participant

Wow, great suggestions! Thanks! I’m going to get ingredients for most of them. Since brown sugar isn’t on the okay list I am going to substitute date honey. To make date honey, put medjool dates in a crock pot, cover with water and cook until they turn into a paste, adding more water as necessary. Amazing in tea, oatmeal, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, etc. I store mine in the freezer and scoop out what I need, it doesn’t get hard.

DER8391
    Participant

Grilled Banana S’Mores I do it all the time instead marshmallow and chocolate.

fireman
    Participant

Several suggestions… Try sliced salami on a stick over the camp fire. All the fat melts out and it has a spicy bacon flavor. Or, make Italian smores… use the salami described above with provolone or swiss cheese on Triscuit crackers. It sounds weird, but really good!

buckgoody
    Participant

Is brown sugar acceptable. I recall making this in Boy Scouts. (paste into your browser).

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/apples-by-the-fire/

itsleah
    Participant

Jiffy pop popcorn with different yummy flavors…cheddar cheese, ranch, jalapeƱo powders, etc. ???

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by itsleah.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by itsleah.
    sspmoose
    Participant

I have houseguests coming up this weekend from the valley with 5 older children. I wanted to have a campfire for them in a portable metal firepit on my concrete driveway after dinner one evening. They are not allowed to have sweets of any kind. Any ideas for what they can roast over the fire to make it memorable? thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.