Tagged trees downed on private property.

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Tagged trees downed on private property.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    fourni1
    Participant

Wayne Varn 795-1666 is good guy that will get rid of it for a good price

sspmoose
    Participant

Leaving a stump of 8′ makes it easy to put a chain around it and pull out the stump.

ChillinChumash
    Participant

Thanks for all the ideas. We had witnessed people with these sized chunks of wood in their trucks over Thanksgiving. My husband wants to get to it ASAP. We have an 18″ chainsaw, so I guess that will do. Can’t really tarp it because it was felled on steep terrain. They trees aren’t dead yet. Another question.. Why would those who cut these trees down, leave a stump about 8′? They cut my neighbors trees at the bottom and left the whole tree. Doesn’t make any sense. Wish I had the name of that co.

cmon4day
    Participant

Pine is a soft wood and a chainsaw should cut it with no problem.

allen
    Participant

It’s doubtful anyone will take the wood if it’s in six foot sections and pretty large in diameter. It will be fine on the ground until next summer as long as it’s not already rotten. If you leave it on the ground a second year, it will likely start to rot and won’t be any good for firewood.

carlshome
    Participant

I have an 18-inch bar on my gas chain saw. I had some big trees cut which were just under three feet in diameter. Like yourself I thought my saw wasn’t up for the task. But I gave it a try and I was pleasantly surprised, that with some patience, I could indeed cut logs that large with my relatively small saw. And of course, a fresh sharp chain will always improves the cutting speed (Ace hardware sharpens chains).

Dogwood
    Participant

Put a tarp on it. Maybe you can rent a large chainsaw at arnold rents. I took down a few pines and waiting until next year until they are seasoned. If it’s pine you need to wait at least one year after it is split to burn it otherwise you will have creosote problems. Good luck.

ChillinChumash
    Participant

Awhile back we had the discussion of the trees that were tagged on private property and what the solution was. Since then, on our last visit up, we had 2 very large trees cut down and left on our property. Has anyone else experienced this? What are your plans for these rather large 6 ft. sections of trees left on your property? Our chainsaw is not equipped to handle the dimensions of these trees or we would cut them up for firewood. Does anyone know of a tree service that won’t charge an arm and a leg to cut these up for us? We are afraid the wood will probably be taken before we get back to it, as we saw this happening when we were up there last week. Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.