The neverending search – Insurance

Home Forums BigTrees Talk The neverending search – Insurance

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Kelly Swanson
    Participant

For those who are having trouble finding Insurance my Farmers agent who was not aloud to insure my Dorrington house found Rogers Insurance Services for me. They had no problem insuring my house. Their phone # is (855)615-6815 and (925)365-3200. I hope this helps.

dbsynergy
    Participant

I just got dropped by AAA. I was able to get a new policy from Farmers Insurance at a reasonable price.

Logs
    Participant

Back to rswheeler1 at the very beginning. Called AAA office in Angels Camp. No longer accepting new home insurance policies for Dorrington. So you can likely expect another non-renewal at annual end of policy.
    If not, you’re one of the lucky ones.

jr.
    Participant

Ahhhh…the beauty of insurance companies!

Logs
    Participant

We also have had the same Hartford/AARP policy (2 homes, 3 cars) for years, and they just cancelled out Dorrigton. Out agent said Hartford is non-renewing all Dorrington-area homes at the annual renewal. Good luck.

AZbunch
    Participant

I’ve had Hartford/AARP for my Dorrington home, plus AZ home and 3 cars for several years now…saved me a bundle.

kenshawnewby
    Participant

I have insurance through safeco. Reasonable coverage at a reasonable price. Insured with them for two years now.

tortuga
    Participant

Chipmunk – what does Teri, a realtor, have to do with home owner insurance?

We have insurance via our CSAA insurance agent for four years from purchase. I don’t see how insurance companies pulling out of the region now due to risk load has anything to do with Teri, a realtor.

chipmunk
    Participant

@ Tortuga, sounds like Teri Rogers made her money then threw you under the bus.

tortuga
    Participant

A week later, we have one quote at $2K (Travelers). Another $2K quote (Evanston) excludes personal liability.

Prior coverage was at ~$1200.

yeee-ouch!

numbersman
    Participant

We got dropped by Liberty Mutual last year for our cabin in Dorrington. I ended looking for a new carrier for all our insurance (cars, house in the Bay Area and cabin) through a broker. We are now insured by Travelers for all, including the cabin.

jr.
    Participant

Try Farmers Ins. in Sonora.

rswheeler1
    Participant

My wife and I have had AAA for about 30 years. Two cars and two houses. GEICO and USAA would not insure the cabin.

Good luck!
    Scott

tortuga
    Participant

Lloyds is not renewing policies. I sourced them 4 years ago via CSAA and Burns&Wilcox.

Today, I called Costco/Amerprise and their broker. Teddi at StateFarm. USAA and their broker. Nationwide. None are insuring in our area.

I’m waiting for callback from MarkTwain & Allstate.

Any other bright ideas?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.