Tire recommendation

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Tire recommendation

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kenshawnewby
    Participant

I second that. Winter tires are the way to go and the Blizzak seem to be the best. If you don’t want to go with full time winter tires, I’ve had good luck with the Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422. Good traction on snow and ice and a nice quiet ride in the low lands. Haven’t used them on a super steep driveway but they handle every road in Dorrington just fine.

jsschmitz
    Participant

I strongly recommend you get a set of winter tires. I had a Subaru that was worthless in the snow using all season tires. Then a CRV with the same poor performance. Then I got a set of Blizzak DM-V2’s and I can’t believe the difference. Good winter tires are more important in my view than the 4 wheel drive. I held back because of the expense, but I shouldn’t have. They have very good traction on ice and snow. I got the package with wheels and tires from Tirerack.com, but I’m pretty sure many local tire shops will get them for you.

Note that “snow tires” are not the same as real winter tires. Many all season tires have the M+S rating for mud and snow, but they aren’t true winter tires.

caleach
    Participant

Given the number of Subaru Outbacks I see on the road in the BTV area I am coming to you all for a recommendation. It’s time for me to replace the tires on my 2007 and wanted to get some ideas on which tires work best in snow up here. We have a steep driveway too.
    Thanks,
    Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.