Verison Cell Service

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Verison Cell Service

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Steve Lauterbach
    Participant

We are on Nowach Court near Indian Rock and we get no Verizon service here. Since we have Verizon phones, we purchased a Verizon Extender from verizonwireless and it works great. We get 5 bars in our cabin and 3 bars outside within 100′ of the cabin. It plugs into an ethernet port on our rounter. $250 initial cost, no ongoing fees or charges.
    https://www.verizonwireless.com/accessories/samsungnetworkextenderscs2u01/

MCT
    Participant

FYI – we use MagicJack also for our landline. Ported local number to it, plugged it into the house jack and all the phones in the house act like they did before on AT&T. Comcast has been good about keeping Internet up even in power outages so with a UPS on the router and MagicJack, VOIP phone service has been very reliable for us.

gagacabin
    Participant

Thank you Michelle S for giving me that info. After hearing yours was okay, I called Verizon and they fixed the problem.
    We use Magic Jack for our land line, only $35 a year. What a deal. Down side is if internet is off so is the phone.

michelle s
    Participant

Verizon has been working great today on Chumash circle. Two bars was enough for a couple hours talking with no cut-off. Good thing, too — I had to use my cell for teleconferences because our house phone is Ooma (VoIP) and that was down, even though our internet was fine. Yep, it’s always something.

gagacabin
    Participant

HI, I have had good Verizon service (with at least 3 bars) on the 3000 block of Shoshone for a couple years. As of yesterday, no service. Wondering if anyone else is having the same problem?

uttb
    Participant

I’m just above you on Choctaw and am only able to text

gagacabin
    Participant

We are on the 3000 block of Shoshone, works great there.

rswheeler1
    Participant

I’m on Hoopa Circle and Verizon seems to work well all the time.
    Scott

NorCal311
    Participant

It is getting better. In 2010 we would only get signal in our driveway. Now we get signal in the house. It all depends on where you are at. When ever I am up I forward my cell phone to our house phone. You do *72 then the number. To take it off forwarding you do *73. We are on Meko.

-Brian

NorCal311
    Participant

It is getting better. In 2010 we would only get signal in our driveway. Now we get signal in the house. When ever I am up I forward my cell phone to our house phone. You do *72 then the number. To take it off forwarding you do *73. It all depends on where you are at. We are on Meko.

-Brian

jr.
    Participant

I usually get 1- 3 bars facing north on Payette Court, if that helps.

RHYuroc
    Participant

Just wondering whether Verison cell service is working in Big Trees. Haven’t been there a while and it wasn’t working when I was last there.

I am on Yuroc.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.