Verizon

Home Forums BigTrees Talk Verizon

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    skipamy
    Participant

Verizon calls them ‘network extenders’ and they started working again once Verizon bought Golden State. I bought mine from Verizon and it works great! So nice to have good cell reception again.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

I believe that now that Verizon has taken over the old Golden State Cellular territory, verizon microcells will work in our area. A rental house down the street where our daughter stayed a while back had one and it worked great.

snowb0und
    Participant

I remember that verizon microcells did not work before is that not the case any more? What brand and model does anyone recommend?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by snowb0und.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by snowb0und.
    allen
    Participant

We dumped our data plan in favor of regular old flip phones. Now we can make calls in several areas that we couldn’t make with our iPhones and a data plan.

gagacabin
    Participant

I am in the 3000 block of Shoshone. This morning I have 3 bars.

bigtreestechman
    Keymaster

One possibility is that a next door neighbor had a microcell. I know one of the cabins in our area has one. Our daughter stayed there once and I was amazed to find I had 4 bars while visiting until I noticed the verizon microcell.

seadog
    Participant

4 bars? Where are you?

gagacabin
    Participant

Up until last night I had about 4 bars on my cel phone. Now I have only one. Another user here has the same problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.