New Cell Service

Home Forums BigTrees Talk New Cell Service

• This topic has 28 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I talked to customer service at Wilson and they recommend an amp and pre- amp.

In all about 600 bucks from amazon.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    i have a wilson pre-amp and amp. antenna is on the roof.  without it i wouldn't get any service inside.  usually it works well.

I've got a zBoost YX545 with a YX026-CEL directional outdoor antenna (rotatable). It works sometimes but more often than not, it doesn't. Basically if you usually get one bar on your phone, then an amplifier is likely to help.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I would like to add that we have very good Verizon cell service . Our place is at the corner of Shoshone and Chumash. We have been receiving cell service since December of 2012. The service is so good that we cancelled the ATT land line (which was out more than half the time, anyway).  :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

i have a wilson pre-amp and amp. antenna is on the roof.  without it i wouldn't get any service inside.  usually it works well.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The question of whether signal boosters or repeaters will help folks get cell coverage in their homes in Big Trees is a good one. If anyone has success using any of those it would be really helpful to hear that and in what part of the subdivision they have been tried…  :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have been emailing a sales rep from Wilson electronics for a booster antenna.

I took some signal measurements and it may work. Let me know if anyone has tried this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On Shastan (BTV Unit 1) we can't get Verizon voice, but can consistently get Verizon texting, although you have to be in the right part of the house to do it.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    When did the new tower start working?

It's been quite a while now. You can check the Verizon coverage map here:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/support/coverage-locator

Select voice & messaging and put in our ZIP code. Then zoom in and pan around. The coverage map is pretty accurate but some of the areas shown are spotty. Any coverage up here is 3G and very slow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

When did the new tower start working? I am thinking about a Wilson amplifier, then
    I will stop trying if that doesn't work. I was told to take signal measurements to see if an
    Amplifier is worth it. I will people know if it works. I know it does for my bro-inlaw

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Quote:
    Hello all, I tried to use a verizon network extender and the use of it is still not licensed in GSC. Hope that helps.

After 2+ years of Verizon shutting off my network extender, I yanked it out and sold it on ebay for $195….not bad since I bought it on a promo deal for $100.  I use my cell phone to make outbound calls on Skype…so the only limitation is receiving inbound cell calls.  The family all have iphones, so texting works no problem…

Once in  a while I will get a signal at our cabin on Hokan Circle…but very erratic.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use Verizon, have a place on Hoopa Circle, and my cell phone works fine.
              Scott

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'm pretty sure the "new" cell tower is on Summit Level Road. Some parts of BTV get cell coverage and some don't. Very spotty coverage at best.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello all, I tried to use a verizon network extender and the use of it is still not licensed in GSC. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I'll beleive it when I actually can get cell service in BTV….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Spoke to Golden State Cellular today and they do have prepaid plans now and also said they will be putting in a tower to provide service to the BTV area.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.